just when the caterpillar thought that life was over,
it became
a BUTTERFLY!

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Feeling a bit better

Guess I had a few good cries yesterday and I feel a little better today. Still so sad and surreal to think that Brittany will no longer be at 'home' when I go to visit my brother. Maybe I'm glad I never had kids and I'm not having to experience this with my own children, if its this hard to deal with regarding my niece...for you parents out there... how did you or how do you handle when your kids leave the nest for college or marriage?

Thought a lot about Mike yesterday too. So much to say and no way to say it now. I think he would be happy that I'm finally at a point to handle what will be some tough times emotionally in therapy. I only wish I had gotten to this point when he and I were still married. I can't ever know if it would have saved our marriage but maybe it would have made me feel better for having tried a little harder.

I'd like to think my crying is at an end but I have an appointment with Rich tonight and I'm sure both Brittany and Mike will be a topic of discussion.

1 comment:

IronSnoopy said...

It's ok to cry your eyes out. And do it again. And again.

(((hugs)))

Thinking of you!