just when the caterpillar thought that life was over,
it became
a BUTTERFLY!

Monday, October 19, 2009

Ok all you mom's I am at a loss here...

Ok this is just to flipping funny and I am sure it won't be the only funny thing I encounter in this wild ride of being a step mom... or bonus parent as a high school friend that found me on Facebook calls it (I like that bonus parent)...

some background if it helps:

Trevor is 7.. will be 8 in April...

so I noticed and its absolutely funny as I don't know what.. but at 7.. when he goes to 'use the bathroom' he takes either reading material or his PSP to entertain himself while he is...mmm... taking care of business...

now first I find this funny at 7... even funnier when I've come to realize he does NOT get this from his dad... nope its not a "i've seen dad do this for years so I'm gonna copy it thing" - dad goes in, does his thing, gets out.. but Trev...

well, I swear this kid could read War and Peace for the amount of time he is in there, but the funniest part of all of this is without a doubt when he finally emerges from the 'reading room' any clothing he has on, except his underwear, will be off????

The first time he came out of the bathroom after having been in there for a bit and he was in his skivvies (sp?) I thought I was going to loose it... I seriously had to go into my bathroom and busted out laughing... not at him but just at situation in general... I mean what goes on in there??

Is is that warm, do you create that much body temperature you have to strip down????

Now when he comes out I just ask where are your clothes... he just smiles and heads off to his room...

5 comments:

He & Me + 3 said...

Oh that is too funny. Boys and their bathroom habits boggle my mind. Crazy I tell ya. I am all about getting out of the germs as fast as I can...with my clothes in tact. LOL

Tattoos and Teething Rings said...

Oh, that is funny! And I have an award for you, stop by!

Tonya said...

That is hilarious. I used to know someone that would do that too. I have a two year old and he likes to take his pants all the way off when I change his diaper.

Is this what I have to look forward too? :-) LOL!

Holly Lefevre said...

Seriously, my son (who turned 8 in June) does the same thing. I actually think he could live in there! And he must always be sans clothing.
Holly

A Prelude To... said...

Must be the age. Mine's 7 and it's a very similar story.