just when the caterpillar thought that life was over,
it became
a BUTTERFLY!

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Feels like Sunday

or, well, it will when dinner is done....

We have finally found perm. housing in South Carolina.  WOO HOO out of corp housing.. not that its been bad, don't get me wrong its a nice apt complex, but carting groceries up 3 flights of steps is a pain in the butt.. and the walls are sort of thin so you can hear whats going on around you, and no sense in getting my stuff out of storage or Matt and Trevor's until we found a perm place...

Not that we've accumulated a lot of things in the 7ish weeks we've been here, but we have had to grocery shop and stuff... so in my effort to not have tons of stuff to have to put in a fridge in our new place, because well as you know, somehow the utilities never get turned on like they are supposed to even though you've made all the calls and set it all up in advance, and if the fridge isn't on and cold when we move things over there on Friday, it spells (or maybe smells) ruined food...


SOOOOOO....

I am trying to be diligent in cooking up what is in fridge/freezer.. so tonight we are having a Sunday type dinner on OMGosh a Wednesday... I am sure this is a grave error in the dinner cooking world... but we are having pot roast, potatoes, celery and carrots... and acorn squash!

When I was younger this was always a Sunday type meal.. mainly because life is always to busy to take the time to cook such a meal on a weekday... but Oh my it is starting to smell so good in the kitchen the smells drifting out of the oven...

Now if only I had my Oster Kitchen Aid.. We'd be having some fresh bread too..

No comments: