just when the caterpillar thought that life was over,
it became
a BUTTERFLY!

Friday, April 23, 2010

Good things come in 3's

WOW what a weekend I have in store...

Well once I get the task of telling current employer I am leaving... I'd like to say I am sad about it, but alas.... I am not.  Sometimes be careful what you ask God for cause you just might get it... After being unemployed for 4 months I kept wishing, hoping, praying for a fulltime job....

I got hired on in Jan 2010 (was unemployed since leaving Illinois on Sept 18, 2009)... was a part time temp and it was good at first... good to be out in the world again... but it is apparent to me where I am is NOT a good fit for me... when you wake up NOT wanting to go there, that is not a good thing...

So finally got a call yesterday and after sometime they've made a decision... I have a new job!  Details to follow, but for now suffice it to say I think it will be a better fit for me... Praise God...I was starting to think He wasn't hearing me...

So New Job... Good News #1

Good News #2 - I get to go see Casting Crowns and Tenth Avenue North tonight... two Christian Rock Bands I really enjoy!  I wanted to go when I heard they were going to be in town but really can't afford it... then my roommate mentioned one of her bible study ladies had extra tickets... I said thanks but I shouldn't spend the money... Now G tells me she never mentioned anything to her group bout my situation and I believe her.... but she told me, a day later, her bible study lady wants to bless me with a ticket, that she felt lead to do so...  Thank you Jesus!  I REALLY would like to go and now I get to....and to top it off ,with a great group of ladies to boot... the same ones I met at the bible study I went to on Wednesday...

Truth is a part of me has a really hard time accepting the gift... its just not how I roll... I am uncomfortable with accepting gifts, or acts of kindness, or praise...but I am learning that God has moved this woman to be so gracious in her offer to me, that not accepting it would be like not accepting a gift from God himself... and well I have turned away (unknown to me) gifts the Lord has given me before, so I am going to be open to be grateful and thankful for this gift.  I guess for so long I've felt unworthy of such things and that is likely what makes me feel uncomfortable with it....

So it is high time I learn I am worthy of the gifts God bestows upon me, accept them, and be thankful.

Good News #3 - Saturday I will spend some wonderful time in fellowship with some more wonderful ladies and another person I admire (all be it she will be by simulcast)... but going to see a live Beth Moore simulcast based on her new book So Long Insecurity.

It really is going to be a wonderful weekend....

3 comments:

betty said...

sounds like a great weekend! I bet you will enjoy the concert and I'm glad you realize that sometimes God does lay it upon others' hearts to be generous and kind to people and that by giving gifts, they are being blessed by doing the Lord's will

enjoy the Beth Moore simulcast; that should be fantastic

betty

alicia said...

Kim- I am going to the Beth Moore simulcast too! Won't it be amazing to think just how many women all over the US are "together" on Saturday all for God. So awesome!

Diane said...

So glad for your new job! Have a great weekend. :O)

www.dianeestrella.com