just when the caterpillar thought that life was over,
it became
a BUTTERFLY!

Friday, June 18, 2010

QOTD 169 of 365

When I was a kid, I used to imagine animals running under my bed. I told my dad, and he solved the problem quickly. He cut the legs off the bed.

Lou Brock 


lately my step dad's been on my mind for some reason... maybe cause it is close to Father's Day... he wasn't in my life for long, from about age 2 until 8 (maybe) and then my mother ran him off.... and let us see him sporadically after that... but the above quote is the kind of man my daddy was to me... he would have given me the world if I asked for it... RIP - Donald Cecil Hancock - to me, you were a great man and a wonderful daddy...

2 comments:

betty said...

that is a neat quote for Father's Day. I'm sorry your dad has passed and I'm sorry you didn't have too much of the influence of a dad during your growing up years. it is hard to grow up without that love or acceptance of a dad (my dad died when I was 18 months old)

thankfully God is a wonderful Father indeed :)

betty

Julie B said...

Hey Kim, I see you have a comp on the calendar. Good luck!! I have one as well: October 2. NPC North Star. Let the fun begin! Have a great prep!