just when the caterpillar thought that life was over,
it became
a BUTTERFLY!

Friday, July 30, 2010

3rd time is a Charm??

Or at least that's what I'm hoping... on Tuesday I have interview #3 with the same company.  I am really hoping this turns into a job offer.

Met with the CPA of the company on 13th of July... then had a 2nd interview on the 27th with the CPA again and the President of the company... so when I opened my in box to see an email from the CPA I thought... oh no, a thank you but we've gone with another candidate... but much to my surprise... I got this instead....

Hi Kim,
 
David and I would like to have you back to the Office to meet again.  I hope you are available on Tuesday.  We are nearing the end of our job screening process and you are one of our top candidates for the position.  How does Tuesday, August 3 at 10am, or let us know if there is a time that works better for you.

Its hard enough to figure out what to say or questions to ask in one interview, let alone a 2nd interview, now a 3rd interview?? I am left to wonder what more could they want to know?? What other pertinent questions can I come up with??  I think I am more nervous now then on either of the other two interviews.... 

It is a smaller office (albeit a growing one) so maybe its just that they want to introduce me to the others in the office... its so important in a smaller setting to not only have someone that can do the tasks, but that also FITS in with everyone else.  I know for me that is no issue... I fit in everywhere... I know if they take the time to contact my references they will hear nothing but good. I've been fortunate to work with great bosses... heck my boss Pat from the school district is always keeping an eye out for me, sending me job postings in the FL and SC areas... 

Maybe its just a formality... maybe they just want to bring me back in to say in person we want to offer you the position??? I will just keep praying to the Father in hopes He gives me a sign or that still small voice that says "kim this is where I need you" - I know you may be asking yourself why the Lord would need me at a bail bond insurance writing company but since He can see beginning to end ALL at the same time in the same instance only He is aware of the people I may touch or... that may touch me... 

I've been wondering a LOT lately if God's true purpose was for me to be in South Carolina and I've come to the conclusion, it is.  True that is was not God's plan for Matt and I to live in sin, and, we are no longer doing that.  I've moved out, as scary as that was, and in with two wonderful Christian female roommates.... but from the beginning in all my apprehension of moving last September... I kept asking God if this isn't where I am supposed to be/go, please block my path... but in spite of all that.... I think I really 'heard' that still small voice last week...

after losing my job and wondering OK how am I going to pay rent.. I was texting on Friday at 9:50am with my roommate and calmly said I am searching jobs in Florida as well as South Carolina... If God needs/wants me to stay in South Carolina something will come up here and not Florida... at 10:07am... I got a call from a temp agency that said we have an assignment we think you'd be great for can you start Monday... 

I mean seriously the text was literally out of my phone to my roommate and then less than 20 minutes later I get a call from a temp agency that has had my resume for who knows how long now??  I just looked up and said OK God apparently You DO want me to stay in South Carolina for now... and maybe His timing is such that this temp spot will last for a couple of weeks until this permanent position comes open via this 3rd interview?  Cause I have to say.. I have literally sent out over 50+ resumes and cover letters to postings in Florida and I've gotten NO return calls... NONE... ZIP... ZERO!

So where ever you are at 10am E.S.T. say a pray for me.. not so much that I get that job, but that I get the job if it is HIS will for me.  Pray that for me if you would... and if it is not His will, that something else will follow closely on its heels.


 

No comments: