just when the caterpillar thought that life was over,
it became
a BUTTERFLY!

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Memories of the Little Things

"I Knew I Loved You"

Maybe it's intuition
But some things you just don't question
Like in your eyes
I see my future in an instant
and there it goes
I think I've found my best friend
I know that it might sound more than
a little crazy but I believe

I knew I loved you before I met you
I think I dreamed you into life
I knew I loved you before I met you
I have been waiting all my life

There's just no rhyme or reason
only this sense of completion
and in your eyes
I see the missing pieces
I'm searching for
I think I found my way home
I know that it might sound more than
a little crazy but I believe

I knew I loved you before I met you
I think I dreamed you into life
I knew I loved you before I met you
I have been waiting all my life

A thousand angels dance around you
I am complete now that I found you

I knew I loved you before I met you
I think I dreamed you into life
I knew I loved you before I met you
I have been waiting all my life

its a song by Savage Garden but just thinking back over this time last year... this is exactly how I felt... I truly did know that I loved you before I met you... I can read back to this point in time in my journal and saying that very thing.. wondering... how could I love someone I had not met.. I can remember like it was yesterday the anticipation of getting off that plane in Sanford, literally running to get to the other side, to see you waiting there for me, I knew when you wrapped me in your arms, I wouldn't want to let go...

I remember you had on a blue striped shirt, jeans, and flip flops... 
I remember going to Denny's for a bite to eat, we both had salad, and coffee, 
I remember you praying before your meal, 
I remember we sat there for a long while talking, the waitress kept coming to check on us, 
I remember your grandma calling you saying she needed a ride to the doctor the next day, 
I remember the next day her being admitted to the hospital to fix her up before her trip...
I remember you telling me of your dream of us... 
I remember us watching Facing the Giants, snuggled close... 
I remember not knowing my brothers oven well and I burnt dinner :o)....  
I remember so many details of that week, many fond memories, until sadly the day came when I head to get back on that plane.... 
I remember crying uncontrollably... 
I remember you praying for us in my brothers driveway... 
I remember getting to the stop sign and we both had the same mindset as we got out of our cars to embrace one last time... 

I can remember the next month before my move being one of the longest times of my life till I could be back with you again... then finally that day came.. and it did not matter that I had been awake for 20+ hours from the drive from Illinois to Florida... I was determined to see you... I drove my cousin back to Tampa, made a potty stop, and was on the road to Eustis... my cousin thought I was nuts after all the driving we had done, the fact I never really slept on the drive, that I was going to drive another hour and some change... 

I remember you coming out of Mel's house in your PJ's, your blue striped bottoms and your black tshirt that says My Way IS the Highway... God....
I remember noticing you had recently gotten a hair cut.. 
I remember the smell of you and how I knew I wanted to know that smell forever.... 

I remember finally in what was one long month from Aug to Sept.. I fell asleep with a smile on my face.

No comments: