just when the caterpillar thought that life was over,
it became
a BUTTERFLY!

Saturday, June 14, 2008

Tagged by... Snoopy!

1. How would you describe your running 10 years ago?
Nothing much to describe really, I was not running at all.

2.What is your best/worst running experience?
Gosh I'm really a very boring runner and a very new runner so not really any best or worst experiences to speak of - I think if I had a BEST run, it was a summer day last year, just out after work for a training run, it was hot and humid, but about mile 3 it started to rain, no thunder, no lightening just a nice, beautiful, steady cool rain... I stayed out for another few miles - I love the smell of a just started rain on the concrete and it was so refreshing, I just had to extend the run. Worst would be most recent when our 1/2 marathon training group had a pace leader who was having some issues... we came upon her up against a pole, bent over, all flushed can clammy, she said she felt very dizzy, so we put her on her butt, told her to put her head between her legs and we got some help - ambulance came and in the end she was ok, but it was scary and made me realize I MUST take a first aid/CPR class.

3. Why do you run?
I run because I've recently (last year) decided to give triathlons a go...and found I kind of like the sport. Running is a necessary leg of the tri, so there you have it. I constantly try to like running.. I want to be one of those peeps that gets in that zone when they run, that zone of I could go on forever, a runner that solves problems of the day on a run, or a runner that finds running enjoyable - so far none of those things are happening for me, but I'm not giving up yet!

4. What is the best or worst piece of running advice that you've been given about running? Best is most recently listening to a lecture/seminar from John Bingham, its not about the speed, its about having fun... I signed up for the 1/2 marathon training program NOT to actually run a 1/2 marathon, but to have others that run at my slow pace to run with.. so same store doing this program (1/2 marry training) also had the Penguin in to give a talk - after hearing his talk, I signed up to run his 1/2 marathon on August 10th! What a cool guy!

5. Tell us something surprising about yourself that not many people would know.
I've been to a nudist colony once and liked it... It was so not what I expected.
I'm a very shy person - because I don't really find myself interesting or think I have anything interesting to say - I tend to shy away from people, but I'm getting better.
I wish I had taken the chance and had children, in hindsight I think I would have been a pretty good mom, despite the fact I didn't have a good role model.
I've done two natural bodybuilding shows - I tend not to talk about it because people think its kind of weird.

No comments: