just when the caterpillar thought that life was over,
it became
a BUTTERFLY!

Thursday, July 9, 2009

Right time Right place moment??? Lets hope

Ever have one of those right place right moment times? I had one today regarding possible work in Florida.

Last April our district did a conversion to some new financial software, a system called Skyward, they cater to schools for student side and financial sides. So today one of the reps from Skyward is here to do some training on a new insurance tracking module. We get to chatting about me moving to Florida, the whole job thing, etc. - well she goes on to tell me that Skyward has just gotten into Florida!

They have 12 counties that are going to be converting in the next 3 - 12 months! Granted 10 of them are Northern Florida (Levy, Dixie, Lafayette, Gilchrist, Alachua, Flagler, Bradford, Putnam, St Johns, and Baker county schools) however there are 2 in Southern Florida, Okeechobee and St Lucie county/district schools.

Now how cool is that.... and what an asset I could be to these districts #1 I have BEEN thru the conversion process, know what to do, know how I'd have set it up if we had to do it again... and #2 I KNOW how to use the software to its ability because we HAVE been on it for over a year now.... I was almost leaping out of my seat to kiss this woman for this news....

And a 2nd option is...I contact the president of Skyward directly with a possible proposal to work for them directly since hey I AM moving to Florida, you are entering that area and will need reps to train your new clients on the software.... I mean if I worked for the software company it would not matter where I lived in Florida - the reps that came to train us at first and now when we install new modules are all from various places.....

anyhow it was just an unbelievable moment and hopefully it pans into a job opportunity!

No comments: