just when the caterpillar thought that life was over,
it became
a BUTTERFLY!

Thursday, August 13, 2009

40 days and a Purpose Driven Life

I've had the book and journal, The Purpose Driven Life, for sometime now .. oh at least 3 or 4 yrs... I have struggled to get past chapter 3... not because the book is bad or not a good read, but because there is a LOT and I mean a LOT of pain in that chapter for me....

Well I am ready to try again.... God is really speaking to me lately and it would be prudent of me to listen. What has transpired with Matt and I is something so powerful and beyond human comprehension that I really do feel only God could have had a hand in this...

So Tuesday the 11th I got home from the Florida trip.... and I have a huge queen size bed that I sleep on one side of... the other side... generally a book or two of what I am currently reading... so Tuesday night I look at the book on my bed, The Purpose Driven Life, but I'm tried and don't think much more about it...

Wake up Wed AM and reached for the book... the table of contents are the days numbered in this 40 day journey, Day 1, Day 2, etc... so I took my pencil and starting with Day 1, I wrote next to it, August 12th - the start of my finally getting thru this entire 40 day journey with and to God and finding his purpose for me... and when I got to the end, to Day 40 in table of contents and the numbering of my days, Aug 12, Aug 13 etc... I realized another Godly moment had occurred... yes all you non believers are saying this girl is fucking crazy... its merely coincidence... ok whatever, think how YOU want and I will think how I want.....

Anyhow..... Day 40, will be the exact day I arrive in Florida and begin my new life.... and icing on the cake its a Sunday.... I pack up my apt on Sept 18, I get on the road Sept 19 and I will be in Florida on Sept 20th.... coincidence... mmmm I think not....

In the book it explains how God uses 40 days as a significant period of time....
The Bible is clear that God considers 40 days a spiritually significant time period. Whenever God wanted to prepare someone for His purposes, He took 40 days: Noah’s life was transformed by 40 days of rain, Moses was transformed by 40 days on Mount Sinai, the spies were transformed by 40 days in the Promised Land, David was transformed by 40 days of Goliaths Challenge, Elijah was transformed when God gave him 40 days of strength from a single meal, Jesus was transformed by 40 days in the wilderness, and the disciples were transformed by 40 days with Jesus after His resurrection.

so it all began to make sense why I will be apart from Matt for exactly 40 days...its all part of God's plan... to bring me closer to Him and prepare me for my life ahead - and while being away from him at all is killing me... I am at peace with it... I know we are 1000% committed to each other and this next 40 days will only make the strong bond we have now, even stronger....

“two are better off than one, because they have a good return for their work; If one falls down, his friend can help him up. But pity the man who falls and has no one to help him up! Also, if two lie down together, they will keep warm. But how can one keep warm alone? Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken.” Ecclesiastes 4:9-12

Yes she is quoting scripture.... get over it, its my blog, my journal if your offended maybe its time to take a look in the mirror ya think????

so each day I will take one day at a time, read the chapter, write in the journal and share it with Matt.... not sure if I'm ready to share all that here... maybe.. dunno....

No comments: