just when the caterpillar thought that life was over,
it became
a BUTTERFLY!

Monday, August 24, 2009

Hourly Prayers - Keeping Jesus at the front of the line

in my latest installment or day from The Purpose Driven Life.. Pastor Rick Warren encourages us to keep God in our thoughts constantly... but readily admits that we can and do get caught up in day to day things and God gets pushed to the back of our thoughts...

So I have taken some suggestions from that chapter...

on my Outlook calendar at work.. I have a scripture quote I like or that speaks to me or just a Thank You Jesus note that pops up every hour on the hour... I set it up this morning and its great... because I can read the verse or just the Thank you and remind myself to just stop for a few moments and say thank you to Him silently to myself - I don't feel I am cheating my employer of anything, it takes no more time from my day then a trip to the water cooler or to refresh my cup of coffee as I see it...

I will do the same thing on my Blackberry for the hours I am not at work and for weekends. Maybe it sounds silly to some but its really been helpful to me just today even...

of course for others in the office that have access to my calendar they may wonder what the heck.. but oh well it IS my outlook (in more ways than one :o)

No comments: