just when the caterpillar thought that life was over,
it became
a BUTTERFLY!

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

In Love!!!

who says you can't find love on the internet? I'm here to tell you, it IS possible... in prep for my new life in Florida I decided... hey when I get there, I think its time to start dating again.... but I had it in my head I was NOT going to just date one person... doesn't mean sleep with people I said date a few people....

To many times in my life you go out with someone once or twice, y'all hit if off and then all the sudden BAM your exclusive... only to find down the line... mmmm maybe that wasn't such a great idea.... so I decided i'd do that play the field thing, something I never did in my younger years...

so I put my profile on Fitness Singles and Plenty of Fish.... chatted with some great guys, some with potential for future dates, chatted with some assholes, and some out and out perverts - i mean who the hell emails a stranger about hooking up with him AND his girlfriend???? seriously....

so long about real early July... i get this cute short email from this guy on POF... his name was Matt... ok I admit I DID look at the pictures first, hey I AM human and as humans we ARE visual creatures....but as if his pictures were not enough....OMG his profile and what it said touched my heart in a way I just knew there'd be no turning back from.... and so insued about 3 weeks of extensive back and forth 2 and 3 page emails between the two of us, literally almost every single day... and with each email I just found myself drawn to him more and more... yeah yeah so maybe he was just a good writer who knows... in cyberspace a person can be whomever they choose to be... but, and I am no psychologist or anything, but there was something more to this.... people don't write and say the things he was saying without there being some conviction behind it... things he said, goals, hopes, dreams, those things he described in detail don't come from a book, they come from ones heart...

and it was uncanny how we had VERY similar hopes, goals, and dreams... likes and dislikes, favorite things to do.... with each email exchange the similarities grew and my feelings for someone I've not even met, grew right along with it.... there was no denying for me and it scared the hell out of me... I was having feelings, falling in love with someone I HAVE NOT MET..... WTF this is NOT like me... I plan everythign in my life to the Nth degree (ok sometimes specially here lately I fly by the seat of my pants)... finally after some email exchanges with his uber cool sister and getting perhaps another view of this person... I decided to stop waging this battle between my logical head and my emotional heart... and never ever am I the one to say "i love you" first.... but I did... i took that chance... yes with someone I had never met in person, face to face - call me crazy, cause I thought i was myself believe me... once I sent the words in an email... well there was no taking them back....

and things only got tighter and stronger from that point on... yea sure your still saying BUT YOU HAVE NOT MET HIM.... well that was remedied this week and let me tell you, it was one million times more in person that I could have EVER hoped for... he truly was everything he seemed to be in his pictures and in his words - from the first moment it felt like someone I had truly known for a long long time.

I mean what guy comes to the airport, literally an hour out of his way, at 9pm at night, when I had a rental car so I didn't need a ride from the airport, just to meet me???? Well this guy did, in fact insisted upon it even though I assured him I had it under control... and there he was with is beautiful smile waiting for me.... and OMG he was so much more gorgeous in person and let me just say he is pretty flipping hot in pictures so in person.... took my breath away.... the chills that ran up my spine from his touch, his hug, the electricity.... was mesmorizing....

and with the exception of a few brief moments away this past week, we were inseperable.... sometimes doing something, others doing nothing at all but enjoying each others company...I've even met some of the family and they are just as wonderful as he is... but then really, I didn't expect any different...

I can honestly say without an ounce of doubt in either my head or my heart... this person IS my soulmate... this person is the human God created to be with me.... and I WILL spend the rest of my life with him.... and with his son, and with the children we will have together... Yeah yea I know your thinking I've lost it again, but just wait and see how wonderful its going to be... then all you nay sayers can get off your mightier than thou horses and stop being jealous... or maybe you won't because you may never be this happy in your life.... but don't be jealous because someone else is...

I've been married before, dated some pretty awesome guys... but never have I been able to see a future so clearly as I see it with Matt - and I look forward to every single day that God puts before us, even the days where we will be challenged, because we will put God first, before each other and before ourselves, and THAT is how I know this will be a life long lasting, till death do us part relationship....

with God first, all else falls into place!

No comments: