just when the caterpillar thought that life was over,
it became
a BUTTERFLY!

Monday, August 31, 2009

Lucky even when it doesn't feel like it...

I gotta say I am such a lucky gal.... having a bit of a difficult day, bit of a slap in the face comment from my brother, hearing of the pain my middle brother put the youngest thru after I left home, hearing the youngest say he felt like I abandoned him..... I was in tears... I never had a clue what was going on after I left home... I never meant to abandon anyone... I needed to get away to protect myself from the abuse my mother was dishing out... course needless to say I managed to find my way into many abusive relationships after that but that's another story....

then some BS postings on facebook and well, just not a great day emotionally... days are always good because they are God made but some turn out to be more challenging than anything...

but I think one way to stick a knife in my heart is to tell my I abandoned you?? I didn't have a normal teenage life because I raised you.... I had no friends because they came to know that every where I went IF I was ever allowed to go anywhere... that two younger brothers came in tow... so I stopped getting invited to things.

so HOW does this make me lucky???

Well first.... I know all this is God's way of growing me, testing my faith, testing my love for others no matter what, teaching me compassion even in the midst of my own hurts... but gosh sometimes His lessons sure do sting....

Second... I am literally on the verge of tears and my baby calls me and comforts me for an hour on the phone.. he does not try to FIX me, or FIX the problem... rather he just listens, and tells me he is sorry I am going thru this and that he loves me... No fixing, no solving, just loving comfort...

thank you baby!  I love you... I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with you :o)

No comments: