just when the caterpillar thought that life was over,
it became
a BUTTERFLY!

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Birthday and Plans

Yesterday, in spite of not being with Matt and Trevor for my birthday, it was a GREAT day.... sans some fires at work but hey its just work its not my life...

Lets see my day started with Matt and Trevor calling to wish me a happy birthday... then lots of friends called.. some had really called the night before but gosh I was in bed like 8pm-ish the night before... yeah getting old I guess... lots of birthday wishes from co-workers... some ladies took me to a nice lunch.... Matt's sister Amanda sang to me... I almost pee'd my pants it was so funny, she and I are truly sisters from another mother... Kevin stopped by with a cool card and practical gift (the best kind in my book, thank you Kevin), lots of Bday wishes on facebook... Kevin took me for some ice cream at Cold Stone... and then my day ended with a wonderful conversation with my soon to be husband.... Gosh I really really REALLY Love this man....

then I totally forgot till like 10pm.. to check my mail... so out of bed down to the mail box and BAM another sign of love from my baby.... He sent me this really cool book: How to Handle Adversity by Charles Stanley.... and inside were 3 wonderful cards two from Matt and one from Trevor  - Oh my gosh the card from Trevor was the bomb.... so typical of a 7 yr old but I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT...

I don't save many paper cards but this one will be a keeper of this you can bet... it will go in a photo album and the envelope is a keeper too cause he drew on it... gosh not EVEN his step mom yet and already I am saving things that one day will probably embarrass the heck out of him...

The book is a winner and I have a feeling the good Lord directed Matt in his sending this to me..... and whats funny... he had to have picked up this book before my melt down the other day... it was just a day, things were piling on my shoulders, or so it seemed, family, the move, work, lack of when I get to Florida, uncertainty about where we will live as a family, where I will live when I first get there - but it about how sometimes God does put adversity in our lives ON PURPOSE to help us grow.. in our faith to Him, our trust of Him and His word and grow in ourselves....

I was also reminded by some words from Bob Moeller that we can't always see God's complete plan, nor do we need to, but we DO need to trust there is a plan and God's plans are always good even if adversity is how they are brought about... Bob talked about the story of Jacob and Leah and if your follow lineage thru time... eventually from that lineage of Jacob/Leah the Christ child is born... when in the beginning... Jacob wanted Rachel and was deceived by Laban (Leah and Rachels father) into marriage with Leah... so could either Jacob or Leah or anyone at that time know how God's plan for this marriage would end???? NOPE.... I don't know off top of my head how many generations between Jacob/Leah and the birth of Christ there were but I am sure it was many so NO ONE could have seen God's ultimate plan AT THAT MOMENT.... but a plan is exactly what He had...

so while I won't be perfect at it... I WILL, when it seems like the world is crashing again, be mindful of the story and end result of Jacob/Leah

Jer 29:11 (NIV) “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”

I know God has plans for me... I know I can't SEE the whole picture.... And I will do my best to be mindful of His plan, know its there, know He has only good in store...

Thank you Jesus for loving ME that much..

No comments: