just when the caterpillar thought that life was over,
it became
a BUTTERFLY!

Thursday, January 7, 2010

YES!! a job offer

ah yes... a job has come my way.... finally... its only a part time temporary position but it will get me out of this house and help my mindset. 

It is with Goodwill Industries an admin position filling in for some gals who are on maternity leave.  Will it lead to something more permanent??? who knows... but even if it doesn't I know mentally it will do me some good to get out of this house and feel like a productive member of society again.  No where NEAR what I was making in IL, in fact less than 1/2 of my equated hrly wage and no benefits... well yes there will be a benefit, it will be some moola and it will help put me in a different frame of mind.

its funny I was having my phone session with Rich, my therapist on Tuesday and he asked how is job hunting.. I said still nothing yet... I said its funny I know as soon as I find something and I've been at it for a couple of months I will be wishing for the time again when I wasn't working, but now with not having worked since Sept 17th when I left my job in Illinois (and some damn fine co-workers and a boss) I miss that stimulation.. I miss interaction with co-workers... I miss feeling productive...

Like I told him... I guess we are always wanting what we don't have... but what I've come to find out about me... I have more structure to my day when I work... so maybe the fact this is part time and temporary is a blessing... maybe by the time those gals come back from maternity leave... I'll be ready for some at home time again?

3 comments:

He & Me + 3 said...

Congrats...that is awesome.

Anonymous said...

Glad you have something for now. God's eye is upon you! :O)

Tattoos and Teething Rings said...

In this economy any job is a good job :) Congrats!

I just had to throw in, when you mentioned Goodwill, my daughter used to call it "The Good Ol' Whale" when she was 4 or 5. Too funny!