just when the caterpillar thought that life was over,
it became
a BUTTERFLY!

Friday, May 20, 2011

Blogger Friends I need your help!

Hello Blogger Friends:


I am raising funds for The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) as a participant in their Team in Training program and I'm asking you to help by making a donation to my fundraising campaign.

I am embarking on a journey I’ve never been on before. For those of you that know me well, you know I am not a runner. In fact you may be scratching your heads wondering “what is she doing”.  Fear not, I promise I’ve not fallen off the deep end. I will be training with the Charleston, South Carolina Chapter of Team in Training to run a ½ marathon on October 1, 2011. For my non-runner friends and family, that is 13.1 miles. If you still can’t picture that in your head, next time you’re in your car, reset your trip odometer and then remember I’ll be doing that on my feet!

The funds raised will benefit the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. Each donation helps accelerate finding a cure for leukemia, lymphoma and myeloma. Nearly 958,000 Americans are battling these blood cancers. I am hoping that my participation in Team in Training will help bring them hope, support, and closer to a cure!

This cause is near to my heart. A childhood friend of mine, Kimberly Sue Ferrell, lost her battle with leukemia at the age of 12. As an adult you know death is a part of life, but that is a little harder to grasp at 12 years old and losing your best friend. I know the Lord’s plans are higher than mine or any of ours and I know He’s had a wonderful angel in his midst in Kim…. But I’d like to think that if we’d had the research and medicines then that we do now, perhaps Kim might still be with us. She was such a bright and beautiful young lady and truly, except for the outward signs, you’d never have known this young person was dealing with such a terrible blood cancer.

While I’d love to make a request to each one of you individually, that would be a daunting task! I have a lot of money to raise and a short amount of time in which to do so. I hope that you will forgive a mass mailing for those reasons. I have a personal goal to raise $3000.00 and I can’t do this without the help of my family and friends. Would you please consider visiting my personal fund raising webpage at:

Kim's Team In Training Web-Page

and making your donation for this worth-while cause? Please be sure to check my webpage often as I will keep it updated along the way with my training and how it’s going.

My deepest appreciation for your prayers and support!

Thank you,

Kim Botdorf



P.S. I would appreciate it if you would forward this email to as many people as you can to encourage them to donate as well. Thanks again.

No comments: