just when the caterpillar thought that life was over,
it became
a BUTTERFLY!

Sunday, November 11, 2007

Lets just say a LOT has gone on

I think since Mid October life has been a whirlwind of STUFF...

I started a new job on 10/10, flew to NY for two weeks for that job, first week training with previous bookkeeper/office manager, who has been doing the job for 10 years, we got to train for 4 days. 2nd week in NY was packing up the office for its move to Illinois.

In between that first and second week I got a frantic phone call on 10/20 from a very good friend of my ex hubby and I. I was finishing a paper for class when my phone rang, saw the caller ID, said OH its Mike, I'll call back in 5 minutes when I finish this thought on my paper... Finished my thought, listened to my voice mail, only to find it was Gary and he wasn't playing this time " kim as soon as you get this message, call me back, its about Mike" - I called Gary back right away only to find out Mike had died, literally maybe an hour or so before Gary called me.

I swear I could NOT believe what I was hearing. The entire room was spinning as Gary told me of the day's events. Gary had gone over for dinner as Mike had invited him that morning, Gary got there to find Mike dead on the bedroom floor - we found later, as we had already speculated, he had a massive heart attack. He was 48 fucking years old.

Now some of you might be thinking, he was your ex. who cares. But we always remained friends, we'd call every so often to check in, we'd email each other, we've had dinner together since our divorce when I was on East Coast visiting - heck Mike and my brother even kept in touch - to say the least I was devastated.

So lets see new job, trips to NY, death of an ex. and still great friend, Kevin and I during all this have been moving from the apartment to the house, AND I've been taking on line classes and they are tough, 15 wks of material crammed into 5 keeps you hopping with two papers, a team and individual paper, due each Monday!

Honestly if one more thing had been heaped on the pile I know I would have crashed. As it was I snapped at people for no good reason I don't know how many times over the last weeks.

But I did not give up on keeping up with my training and getting this weight off of me - I think it provided some sense of emotional release at times.

And I think I was sporting close to the 180's again and am now at 173, and while I'd like to to come off faster, it could have easily become 193 with all that was going on.

Sometimes LIFE really throws some curve balls. But as I've been trying to find my place again, mentally and spiritually, I've read that God does not give us more than we can handle...

1 comment:

Nancy said...

OMG! Kim,,,,I need your current e-mail address please...you have mine. Hugs, girlfriend!