just when the caterpillar thought that life was over,
it became
a BUTTERFLY!

Thursday, December 4, 2008

Twice in one day

Yep twice in one day.. I must be outta control... NOT.. more like getting back INTO control...

Made myself drag myself out of my NICE WARM BED at 4am and head out into the single digit temps in Chicagoland to hit the gym for cardio...

did 25 minutes on the revolving stairs... climbed 1.54 miles (i think) 74 floors.... then did another 25 minutes on the recumbant bike...and now in about 15 minutes... I am heading BACK to the gym to take a class with a co-worker..

I hate cardio and I'm hoping taking a class or two in the evening will help get me out for a 2nd round of cardio... I know I probably couldn't pull myself into the gym to do a second cardio session if I was looking at facing the dreadmill or the bike or steps... so maybe the commraderie of a class will help...

this class is called Total Chisel so its cardio w/weights.. which could prove really interesting cause all my parts are pretty sore...

hoping it will help with PMS too... my cycle is so out of whack since going off the pill that I never know when to expect my monthly visit... and I was floored the other day when for no good reason my scale jumped like 3 pounds over night and why my craving for chocolate has been like a pigs desire for mud... well today.. i figured out why... so thankfully in a day or two the scale will be back down.. as long as I don't give into that damn chocolate...

feeling a bit better lately too.. maybe its just been some fun conversation with a friend or maybe its been actually going to the gym or maybe its both... I don't care, I'm taking it.. I've been in such a funk that its nice to laugh out loud and smile when I get a ding on my phone that I have a text message...and I'll be damned if I'm gonna feel guilty for that!

No comments: