just when the caterpillar thought that life was over,
it became
a BUTTERFLY!

Monday, May 4, 2009

Leg Day - hurts so good...

yeah right at least that is what I try and convince myself of... I hate leg day but I also know it is my weak area in terms of physique, so no rest for the weak...

Free Motion Hack Squat

1/12 @ 200
1/12 @ 220
1/12 @ 220

Leg Extensions (legs close w/feet neutral for 5, toes in for 5, heels in for 5, legs wide w/feet neutral for 5)

1/20 @ 70
1/20 @ 70
1/20 @ 70

Squats

1/12 @ 135
1/12 @ 135
1/12 @ 135
1/12 @ 135

Stiff Leg Dead Lifts (SLDL)

1/8 @ 185
1/8 @ 185
1/8 @ 185 <----- I do believe this weight is a PR for me

Lying Hamstring Curls

1/12 @ 80
1/12 @ 80
1/12 @ 80

30 min elliptical, alternating between level 5, ramp 5 and level 10 ramp 10... 3 miles total. Cardio is ramped up to 70 min a day now so I took a nice brisk walk at lunchtime to get in the rest of my time.

Squats should have been first but there is one squat rack at Xsport and some butthead was doing barbell shrugs in it. I mean come on that shit really pisses me off, like he could not have used a flat bench and still served his purpose. a bit harder for me to use a flat bench to do squats ya know...

Can go heavier on the leg extentions but when doing 20 reps its a bit more difficult to do 100+. not to mention going a tad lighter always me to really focus on the movement.

Straps had to come out for the SLDL's... did the first set without them but it was way to taxing on this pain I have in my right elbow.

And its sad that a gal that does payroll for a living.. mmmm at 4am can't add. I realized I've been shorting myself on the weight on the bar. I will say in my defense, my adding brain does not work well at 4am ya know...I had the 45 lb bar and a 45 pound plate on each side when doing squats and somehow wrote that down as 115...hello that's 135.. had to add up a couple times to make sure I had down the right poundage for SLDL's...

I should have tossed in some walking lunges but, I didn't...not on the plan...

I was feeling kinda icky the entire workout and had to swallow hard a few times to keep from puking... not sure what it is/was but I feel better now... well sleepy but better tummy wise.

No comments: