just when the caterpillar thought that life was over,
it became
a BUTTERFLY!

Sunday, July 26, 2009

Soulmates - Do YOU believe???

Yeah never thought I did either... well ok that's a lie... I do believe in them just maybe until you find yours its hard to really embrace the concept??? dunno....

Every since I was little I've dreamed of that Prince Charming, that Knight in Shining Armour.... that one true soul, that one person, that God created to be with me... and this is not a dis to anyone, friend, lover, husband that has been in my life to this point, but truth is... I hadn't found that 'person' - and there is nothing wrong with saying that... I have had WONDERFUL men in my life... i truly have... even my ex husband.... I have had supportive peeps and not supportive peeps in my life, but never really truly 'felt' I had found that ONE.... and I was starting to be ok with the concept of, eh, maybe you've read to many romance novels, watched to many love movies, maybe... that whole soulmate thing doesn't exist after all....

but then I see it in others... my friend Robin/Rich... OMG they are not perfect but they are a couple I love being around because even after years of marriage... when you are near them.... you can literally feel their love for each other... and while I don't know them AS well... Steve/Janet, married at 17 celebrated 16 yrs together and 2 very active daughters... but there is this electric chemistry you can feel between them... so... I KNOW soulmates exist.... just started thinking.. well, maybe God does not feel I am worthy of my soul mate..

Ha God said... I will show you Kimberly... I will give you what you wished and hoped for, but.... will you be willing to take the chance? will you be willing to risk your heart... and will you finally be willing to accept ME....well I've been having a mental head and emotional heart battle for about 3 wks now, that finally, I have let go of...

I don't want to get all preachy on anyone, y'all have a right to your own beliefs, thoughts, ideas, opinions or whatever regarding God.... but I can tell you without a ounce of doubt in my 3 pounds of mushy grey matter upstairs there IS a God and HE has been talking directly to me - not as in like a conversation I have with my friends, or my brother on the phone, but in a sense of putting people in my path lately...and the last two Sundays, today and last week... I attended church... only to hear exact words I literally said to someone the night before in an email and today in a very conversation my friend Robin and I had what 2 hrs before church...

I'm sorry but its happened two Sundays in a row and to me it is no longer coincidence its a direct conversation with God and I... I know go ahead call the men in white coats... I know its not vogue in today's day and age to talk like that..OMG how dare we discuss religion... how dare we profess our love for God or gasp mention we believe.. and tell ya what... 3ish wks ago, EYE would have thought I was freakin' nuts

NOT ANY MORE! a lot and I mean a LOT is going to change in my life because I am letting go and trusting that this person God has placed before me, this gift He has given me, is just that a precious gift, that person He created for me and I have had to go thru everything I've been thru from childhood till now, to be prepared for it.. I know its crazy... me who can't believe in what she can't see, feel, hear or touch.... but tell ya what... I HAVE heard God loud and clear...

for some it takes a tragic accident for them to see life differently, for some the death of a loved one (well ok I've had my share of that too) for me... God just put me thru my paces with a trying and troubled childhood... but its ok... I accept it now... I can't explain it but I am at peace right now with a lot of things that I've struggled with for so very long.

I am going to let go, let God have control... I won't be perfect at it, yet, He does not expect that, but I will do my human best to let Him guide me in all that is to come...

No comments: